Blogroll Me!

Friday, November 11, 2005

Newspaper decline fully known in market

I found a post that clearly and succinctly illustrates my bearish newspaper theme from the last year. Media Stock Blog has it here. Basically, it illustrates how newspapers will suffer a long, painful decline as they try to ignore the rapid erosion of their core business model and the rise of digital media channels (Newspapers = Vinyl Record Companies). Clearly the former editor of the British-based FT had a run-in with a senior executive who doesn't understand the enormity and inevitability of this trend.
I think some papers get it and will try to make the leap. However, this leap will not be easy and only a subset of those who "get it" will cross the chasm.
My challenge is that this investment thesis is now crossing its own chasm and I need to be onto the next phase of this industry transformation. I think it comes in the form of television devolving from bundled channels to a world where we assemble our own channels show-by-show much like I assemble a MyYahoo! homepage.

1 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there, you have a great blog here! I’m glad I took a peak, even though it may not be exactly what I am looking for.

I’ve been searching for sites like industry, that helps one’s health NATURALLY!

If you get a chance, take a peek! You may find something interesting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in NewsGator Online Blogroll Me! Subscribe with Bloglines Who Links Here

Email Me