Blogroll Me!

Monday, March 15, 2004

Hypothesis Destroyed/Roxio Delivers/Overall Market Weakness Confirmed

I'm not sure the headline needs much explaining if you've been following up to this point. However, the market weakness is continuing along expected lines. It's as if the market needed an excuse to blow out valuations. My hunch is that the Spanish bombings may actually be a positive catalyst for the markets as it will support Bush's re-election. My logic is that with the terrorist threat reasserting itself, the hawks are validated and lends strength to Bush's campaign. Bush's reelection will be good for the markets in the short term, at least. Regardless, I still think we'll see gas prices take a chunk out of the economy for a bit.

In the long term, I still like secular equities. My companies are reporting strong results and slowly building momentum on end-game business models. Roxio's recent revision of expectations stands out as an example. Apple is continuing to show strength as well and I believe their next gen of products will blow people away. I think security stocks will get a boost, especially considering GE's purchase of Invision today. Should've developed my security trading strategies earlier...opportunity lost.

1 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Anonymous QUALITY STOCKS UNDER 5 DOLLARS said...

The market can go either way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in NewsGator Online Blogroll Me! Subscribe with Bloglines Who Links Here

Email Me